"Everyone must go through a storm to find a rainbow"

Saturday, April 28, 2007

OPERATION PHOENIX

Here I am with my mum after the operation. Yes I'm slightly out of it!

Two feet back on the ground

My operation on Monday turned out to be thus far successful, thank god, alhumdulliah.:) It was a long day waiting as I was scheduled to be the last op for the evening. My mum came over from perth to help me get through everything and her presence has been a great relief...I don't know what I would have done without her here! She has been so supporting, so helpful and she's been an extra voice inside my head keeping me strong!
Anyways I went into surgery at about 5.30pm. One minute a guy was talking to me about taekwondo and the next minute I woke up in the recovery room in absolute pain and wanting to throw my guts up! That was 8.30pm...the longest minute of my life!

They took me up to my room where I was greeted by my mum, and it was a good thing she was there or else the poor nurse would have had to listen to my non stop babbling about random things (yes totally random). The nurse floated in and out of the room...she initially told me I had a buzzor attached to my wrist and that when I felt pain, i was to press it......---and naturally being in alot of pain...I pressed and pressed and pressed...and pressed....until she came back in shock to see alot of it gone. Anyways... that was the end of my instant pain reliever coz she took it off me!..(Need I say I was extremely dissapointed)!

Mum stayed with me half the evening but then had to go because of hospital rules. I didn't end up getting much sleep that night because of my constant need to throw up. My stomach had ran out of everything, including bile, so the only thing I was throwing up was air! hmmmmmmmm I liken that experience to a dog trying to pee on a tree to leave its scent but unable to because it's empty.

The next day all I could think about was leaving the hospital--I didnt want to be there another second. I tried so hard to get moving early morning but my leg wouldn't stop bleeding and every time I went to stand I felt like fainting. The physio was the first to endure that with me---he walked me about 3 steps towards the door when I said I was going to faint and I barely made it back to the bed before I started being sick again! ufffffffffff I just wanted to go home. So I tried and tried and damaged the carpet with blood and tried some more until finally, about 6pm, the nurses bandaged me up so tight there was no chance I was going to bleed again:)..AND I WAS OUT OF THERE!

To Sum the event up: It was a night I seriously want to forget about, but simply can not!

No comments: