"Everyone must go through a storm to find a rainbow"

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Strange events....a normal day in china



I guess you are all wondering how I fought today....I would be too ...If I actually fought!!!!

I ate all the right food before bed, I had the best night sleep, ate an awsome breaky, warmed up fantastically, was ready to kick some chinese butt.....had my guards on ready to go.....and then found out my division wasn't on that day!!!!! CAN U BELIEVE IT! I was wondering why there were little girls warming up and massive Chinese women! I kept asking....
1) are there juniors on today because i dont think those little girls are big enough for me. (there are no juniors in this comp)
2) Are you sure thats a girl...maybe its a guy fighting under 58kg? (I didnt have my contacts on)

As it turned out they changed the timetable ...and Australia ...well we were just one of the countries that didnt find that out! /58kg for men, 49 girls and +67 women fought today instead.

Sooooooooo AMY, KATRINA, AND RUTH had to put our gear on and fight without warming up! WHAT A STRANGE DAY!

Ruth managed to win a bronze medal after beating China which is great. She sadly went down in the semis to the Olympic Gold Medallist 5-0 (who is also from china...suprise suprise)

Sooooooooo I fight on sunday now which gives me two more days to prepare. I will also fight China first match.

Oh yeah......so we didnt fight today, but after the competition we did manage to do some weird weird shopping:) And ride some pretty funky, squeaky, rusted old bikes:)

No comments: