This is literally what it looked like. Power point lines and endless rice paddocks.
Amy and I at the end of a gym session using the "rubber" machine.
We spent the last week in a small small small country town somewhere in Korea where only mosquitos and massive steroid looking spiders live. I was pretty much eaten alive by the mosquitos....(the pictures will come). The purpose of our visit to "the most boring place on earth" was to watch the Korean National Championships and focus on our own training ahead of Korean Open and World Cup. The Nationals here were alot different to any other competition I have seen before, ...literally all the athletes did was kick non stop for 2 minutes each round and the person who won was not the most intelligent fighter nor the most tactical, but was the person who kicked the most. ...It was strange to see a game of tkd being played that way but I guess thats how it is in Korea.
We trained every morning and afternoon and had a pool session to conclude. On the last day we fought against Woosuk University (2 fights each). Woosuk is now the number one university in Korea....and strangely it was the team that lived in this very boring city...I guess the only thing they can do is train and sleep;)
Our only adventure out of this small town was to the city about 1 hour away. The place we went to was kind of like a big Myers store, or Whitfords City, or Highpoint if your from Melbourne. Needless to say 3 hours in there was way to long ....thus all the girls bought a ton of makeup we dont need!
Thank god we are now back in Seoul. There are people and 7elevens stores that are close enough to walk to, we have supermarkets, computers and everything else needed to keep ourselves sane for another two weeks. I love training in Korea because of the intensity and the high skill level...but at times it does get quite boring. I can't wait until holiday time...when I can talk about all the cool places to go to. Korea is a marvel!~












No comments:
Post a Comment