"Everyone must go through a storm to find a rainbow"

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Back in Canberra - FREEZING!


Im back at the AIS now, preparing for the games! The last few days have been absolutely freezing and I wish I was somewhere else! The team is formally announced this week so for some of us we are happy to be continuing on with a new chapter in our Olympic journeys, however, most of the squad is in a state of bitter saddness because their time here is ending. For me, although happy to be selected on the Olympic Squad I am also sad to see my friends go through the emotions of not being chosen. I know how it feels to work so hard and have your dreams shattered at the last moment. ...But I am sure they will pick themselves up again and achieve great things in the future.

The past week we have endured swim, gym, soccer and intense training sessions. I learnt how to do a clean and jerk, and snatch for the first time in the gym!!! THAT WAS SO COOL! I thought I was pretty special being able to clean and jerk 40 kilos and I went home to check Olympic records for weightlifting to see if I might be able to change sports later hahaha!!!... I think the record was 142kgs ...so I will just stick to what Im good at and thats taekwondo:)

We also had a pre-team announcement dinner at the AIS. It was basically to thank all the support staff here and to welcome our sport into the Institute. Again, although it was a pleasant evening, the tension amongst the squad was high regarding selection and non selection.

Anyways this Friday the 23rd is the teams formal announcement for all those interested! I'll keep you posted on whats coming up!

No comments: