DID YOU KNOW??? == Australia has one of the lowest rates of donor registering in the world!
Well its true and I was shocked to find that out especailly before my op! I was not sure in the days preceding whether I was going to receive the tissue I required. The chances of a finding a suitable donor, registered to donate specific tissue, and be available for me were slim. I believe God was truely with me last week blessing me with such a gift and I thank that special someone who has helped me recover! You are my Pheonix Rising!
I may not have received a life altering gift such as a new heart, a new set of lungs, a new liver or new kidney but I have been lucky enough to be a donor recipient and I am now on a mission to spread the word about registering to become a donor today!
The Australian Organ Donor Register is administered by Medicare Australia on behalf of the Australian Government and provides a simple way for people to record their consent (or objection) to becoming an organ and/or tissue donor. Please visit the below site today and become an organ donor.













No comments:
Post a Comment