"Everyone must go through a storm to find a rainbow"

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

DUTCH OPEN - SILVER

Gwladys Espague from France and I on the podium. My support team. Thanks (l toR) Andy, Daniel, Taeho and David
The Aussie Team
We just finished the Dutch open in Eindhoen, where I placed 2nd. The comp went from 9am in the morning till 2am the next day. ..and yes I was fighting my final at 2am! It was an extremely long and tiring day, but a successful one non the less. I learnt alot from my experience and pushed past some of the most excrutiating pain I have had in a while. My final was not the best, I tried new things, I tried to fight with two feet but one of them just didnt want to connect with anything (having swollen up in the semi) and part of it felt like a dream. At least I can take this matt time with me to the World Champs and hopefully progress past my mistakes and make the 1st place podium.
Briefly

1st fight: Won against Greece

2nd fight: Won against Germany

Quarter Final: Won against Belarus

Semi Final: Won against Sweden

Final: Lost to France
1 EPEANGUE, GWLADYS, FRA
2 MORGAN, TINA, AUS
3 SOLHEIN, NINA, NOR
3 KYLBORN, LIE, SWE

No comments: