Well we are finally back at training after a much deserved two week break! During the break, I studied for my FINAL exams, relaxed with friends, ate chocolate, and worked with the physiotherpists (Steve and Wendy) to help get me 100% for the upcoming comps. Now, its time for the serious work and I must say I'm really excited to be back on the matt.Dr Amr (Head Coach), Daniel Trenton (Coach), Taeho Um (AC), Tony Hewitt (Strength and Conditioning Coach), Matthew Burgin and Lisa O'Keefe (Psychologists) and Ronnie Branca (Massage Therapist) are some of the team I will be involved with in taekwondo specific preparations. Today, we had our first strength session with Tony. Tony was invovled with our preps for last Olympics, so I'm extremely happy to see him back within the circle (I miss my abs of steel!!!!!!) and happy he's back to grind me into the ground, push me to do better, get me into tip top shape and of course, say it as it is.
The schedule has changed and we now train at 6.30 in the morning and 6.30 in the evening......I don't think I have ever woken up that early!!!! It's a mission and a half but i'm sure it'll all be worth it in the end! I'll be a lean, mean, fighting machine and if something went wrong, well.....I'll still use these frightening memories of waking up at 6.30 to power me through each fight!
My thoughts and warm wishes go out to my dear friend Kim's family and boyfriend Rob. Sadly, this week Kim lost her battle with cancer and passed away. Kim was an inspiration to all whom she came in contact with and I'm sure all whom will read her book she has written. She was a down to earth girl and someone who possesed so much fighting spirit that doesn't even compare to things we face on the matt. Rest in Peace Kim! MUAHHH! I'll remember you always. xxx












No comments:
Post a Comment