"Everyone must go through a storm to find a rainbow"

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

5th Place - Olympic Test Event

Bronze Medal Match (Final of Repacharge)
Losing the Bronze Medal Match (5-4)
The comp finished a few days ago and I am now in Germany preparing for the German Open. I ended up equal 5th place on the tally in China.
I opened up strongly in the competition, winning against Japan 7-0 and then Sweden 3-1. In the semi final I was edged out by China 2-1 and then I went into a reparcharge system to fight off for bronze. In the final of that reparcharge I lost again to a chinese athlete 5-4. My mistakes came from a split second lack of concerntration, conservatism and perhaps lack of matt time. Although I am very dissapointed with the result (no medal) I am happy that I am back fighting fit again!!!
When I look at things in perspective, 10 months ago I could not kick at all - let alone walk, and now I am back doing the thing I love so much. This was my first official international comp since my injury and as far as I can see the only way is up!
.........Towards Gold in Beijing!>>>>>>>>>>>HUNGRYYYYYYY!

No comments: