"Everyone must go through a storm to find a rainbow"

Saturday, October 27, 2007

NEWS

I have officially heard that Daniel Trenton is no longer the acting head coach and that new staff are supposably being appointed to fill the positions terminated; head coach, assistant coach, and junior head coach.

As an athlete with enormous success under the current program I am deeply saddened at this loss to our sport and myself. We have not only lost a great leader and a superior coach but we have also lost the pathway to success at the Beijing Olympic Games and beyond.

It is not yet known our programs fate of whether or not we will remain in Canberra at the AIS. However, with no coach to guide us and no training program the end result is becoming blatantly clear. Taekwondo Australia has certainly made it obvious by not signing the proposed ASC agreement that they do not care about the success of athletes, only the success and rise of their clubs.

There is one week to go until a supposed shadow team selection camp for the final Olympic Qualification.

  • I still do not know exactly where and when the camp is on. Yesterday we were told in Melbourne and to book tickets, but then not long after receiving that information we were told it might be in Canberra.
  • I also do not know the format of the camp
  • How to be selected
  • Who is attending
  • Which divisions are targeted
  • WHO ARE SELECTORS?

With less than 5 weeks until the qualification it appears Taekwondo Australia knows absolutely nothing. The elite program has been broken down and our own Assocation do not have a successful back up plan.

All TA have to do is sign the contract the ASC have provided to them that ensures the program in Canberra will be fully funded until the 31st of August 2008! Why doesn't my association want to do that? And why do they not want the best for their countries athletes?

There are now so many options I must deal with and I am bought to tears by what has recently transpired to bring us here. The very thought of me now having to return back “somewhere” without a clear vision of how to make the Olympic qualification team or Olympics is devastating. I am literally, watching my dreams being flushed down the toilet and my own association are the ones pulling the lever.

1) The internal row that cost $1m
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,22610182-5013406,00.html

2) Members Plotting a martial arts revolt
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,22615909-5013406,00.html

3) Games over, Taekwondo Australia tells star
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,22655675-11088,00.html

4) Olympic hopefuls forced to leave base
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,22655194-5013406,00.html

No comments: