"Everyone must go through a storm to find a rainbow"

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Today I LOVE MY KNEE!...But who knows about tomorrow...

This is a pic of me and Ebony (one of my rehab physios). Shes a top person and a fantastic physio! When I have a pic of Martin (my Physio who I go to everyday) he'll be up here too, they are both legends!

Everything is going okay...today:).....I'll tell you about how I feel tomorrow when it gets here....

My knee is progressing really well and my range and movement has increased dramatically the last week. I can ride, I can box, I can grind, I can squat weight, I can drive.... heck I can even stand straight (which is my proudest accomplishment:))

My injury makes me stop and think about the things we take for granted in life everyday. For now, its walking! ...Who ever thinks about how you walk, the actions you take to be able to walk properly and the muscles required to do that!...I know I never did coz its something that comes naturally. But over the last month I have observed and envied all people walking!

A few weeks ago I couldn't even walk. Being able to lift my leg and put one foot in front of the other seemed impossible!!! I tried and tried and I fell over many times and screamed like a baby (seriously,..I have witnesses too!) but I eventually learnt how to lift, how to switch on muscles and I can say with confidence my walking is back! Now, when I walk past people at the AIS I always get good walking comments. It makes me feel great and more confident about my comeback!

I still have alot to do, and am working hard with the physio's and strength instructors everyday. It wont be too long before I'm back on the matt:)

No comments: