- GOLD: Tina Morgan
- SILVER: Steph NG
- BRONZE: Laura Bartels
- BRONZE: Eve Embers
Ronnie Branca (Massuer) and I after my fights.
Morning Training Squad - 6/10 GOLD
The event all started at weigh in when I decided to weigh in with my jeans, jacket and shoes. 66.60kg was the reading. At first I thought nothing of it, after all its just another number on the scales that says I'm under the stipulated division and free to participate. But after a few conscious thoughts I went back to the Weigh In Director to ask for a re-weigh. Why you may ask? Well 666 is not known to be such a lucky number! Anyway --- his fits of laughter at my idea was enough of a "no" response to send me home to prepare for my devilish day of competition.
Due to the restricted number of athletes in my division I was put straight into the round robin. Here the top four fighters compete against each other once and the person who wins the most matches is chosen for the World Cup Team.
Shown below are my fight results for the day: (Welter: 61-68kgs)
1 = Steph Ng: Victoria
Score: Tina 8 – Steph 1
2 = Eve Embers: Victoria
Score: Tina 7– Eve 0
3 = Laura Bartels: Western Australia
Score: Tina 11 – Laura 4
Shown below are my fight results for the day: (Welter: 61-68kgs)
1 = Steph Ng: Victoria
Score: Tina 8 – Steph 1
2 = Eve Embers: Victoria
Score: Tina 7– Eve 0
3 = Laura Bartels: Western Australia
Score: Tina 11 – Laura 4
Each fight I won with the new 7 point rule. This rule states that if the score difference becomes 7 points the match is finished regardless of which round you are in. Whilst I got head kicks in other matches, my 3rd match against fellow West Aussie, Laura, was the most exciting for me because I can still see the instant replay in my mind of my foot connecting with her head guard producing a knockdown (3 point score as she hit the floor).
666 might be associated with the devil and regarded as an unlucky number but in this instance it was probably more of an "omen"/ statement to others to watch out for me...hehehe.. Its a reminder to everyone, listen to your mum when she says "Don't play with fire"...because you always know your going to get burnt.....
Speaking of mums, the page I read from my mum's little book on success she gave me for comp said: "Become the kind of person who brightens a room just by entering it." I didn't know how to interpret this at first, honestly I initially thought it meant to be the happiness of the room, but now I see I could have infact brightend the room with my raging fire that ooooozzzzzed from within:) hahaha.....I can be so evil:)
Anyways, enough of my rationalizing:) ....To finish up, I practiced a few things I have been working on in training but focused on achieving the end result and that was making the World Cup Team. Having successfully achieved that goal I can now prepare for other events such as the China Open in August. Our female team will be competing in the World Cup at Thailand this September.
Athletes who made the team:
Male
- Fin: Terrence Jennings (NSW)
- Bantam: Safwan Kahlil (NSW)
- Light: Burak Hasan (VIC)
- Welter: Mahir Unalan (VIC)
- Heavy: Jake Ryan (VIC)
Female
- Fin: Lisa Carneli (VIC)
- Bantam: Caroline Marton (VIC)
- Light: Kristy Sparre (VIC)
- Welter: Tina Morgan (WA)
- Heavy: Katrina Iacobucci (VIC)












No comments:
Post a Comment