

With communication between Australian officials and the organization committee over here in Thailand, I am fortunate enough to be allowed to contest the Asian Championships. It is based on the provision that I contest the welter weight division (63-67kgs), which is one up from my WTF weight. Without a doubt, I am more than thrilled to have the chance to compete!!!!!!!!!!
The Australian team schedule is below. The competition starts as of tomorrow (Friday) which is day one and concludes on day 3, Sunday the 23rd of April. I hope to post results on the days events from Aus soon.
DAY 1
Middle: Katrina and Adam
DAY 3
Welter: Tina and Burak
Heavy: Amy and Jake
THAILAND: The weather here in Thailand is hot and humid with temperatures ranging from 30-36 degrees. Everything here is disgustingly cheap to buy! Amy and I were stunned at how much our 10 minute taxi ride cost us - $2 AUS, and our 9 bottles of water plus a coconut juice were only $3! We have witnessed mass exercise street gatherings and ventured out for some local market shopping. Although we haven’t mastered the art of bartering, the prices are good enough to settle on the first offer. Whilst this country possesses many beauties of its own, we are reminded daily of how lucky we are to have been raised in Australia.












No comments:
Post a Comment