
It’s now a few days past the competition I just competed in. It was the first of the BBAP Olympic Squad Selections for my sport and I won the welter weight category. This is the first major step towards being on the Aussie Team for Beijing and one step closer towards my goal of gold at an Olympic Games. My game results are as follows:
FIRST FIGHT
VS Dounia Larhouile :15:6
SECOND FIGHT
VS Christine Balmer 7: (minus) -1
SEMI FINAL
VS Skye Scibberas:10:4
FINAL
VS Stephanie NG: 9:3
I did most of the things I wanted to in the ring. I enjoyed the game, I felt in control at all times and I was mentally a lot stronger than I have been in the past. I took note of a few comments made this week before my fight. One is, “Taekwondo is a sport about kicking and scoring points and being kicked and scored against.” I know this sounds quite basic but at the end of the day my blondeness actually understood what it meant!!! OMG! So instead of stressing when ever someone got a point on me, I took it all in my stride and scored 2 more back. No rushing, just patience, perseverance and control…just like my sporting hero, Roger Federer (I’M HIS BIGGEST FAN).
One other thing that I always do for comp is take a small book my mother gave me for my first nationals. Each comp I open the book to any page and read the tips it has to offer me. The other day my books message for success read: "Mind the store. No one cares about your business the way you do" and "Every now and then, bite off more than you can chew". I dont know if I bit off more than I could have chewed but I did mind my store and kept others scores quite low.
So where to from here? We will have to see what unfolds within the next few weeks to see whether I am still in Melbourne or Perth and which competitions I will target.












No comments:
Post a Comment